Live!
Sun 18 Feb 2018
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Breakfast Anyone?

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Feb 25 2005 11:26

Off the wall turns his attention to that formerly great moment of the day known as breakfast

Click Here for the Full Article

Feb 25 2005 17:49

Complaint mark 4-

Cooking beaten eggs in one solid lump and then chopping said lump into approximately one-inch cubes does not constitute "scrambled"

That said, the thought of a cooked breakfast still gets me out of bed when I find myself waking up in South Ken on a weekday, even if I usually then end up getting all health-conscious and having a cereal bar instead.

Feb 25 2005 17:59

Don't forget the chewy goodness of the sausages! :D

3. sauce   
Feb 25 2005 18:31

I remember the last time I had a JCR breakfast, and I also remember why it was the last time.

Complaint 4: Sauce. 'Nuff said

4. Ruth   
Feb 26 2005 14:01

Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk. All that grease. I prefer a pain au raison from the shop.

5. Ruth   
Feb 26 2005 14:03

Oh and on complaint 2, have you been in the SAF for food recently, they're even worse in there. They are slow, rude and they don't seem to be able to get change correct.

Feb 26 2005 20:02

Sorry this is a bit off topic but I thought people might be interested to know what I've just realised. If you want to look at files in your web cache (C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorTemporary Internet Files or similar) then you need to copy the file to another folder (e.g. desktop) otherwise windows won't open it properly. After that it opens normally. Also, if you want to edit the contents of a pdf, select all, paste, copy into word does the trick.

Feb 27 2005 00:42

Doesn't work on Mac OS X. Please advise...

8. Chris   
Feb 27 2005 10:27

What? 'Not much of a geek'??? How geeky do you want to get? And quite how did you get to computers from college catering???

Feb 27 2005 14:02

That's very interesting, actually. And works very well, thanks!

Feb 27 2005 14:19

1-247-1742

very useful

Feb 27 2005 15:08

I'm definitely not a Mac geek I'm afraid. Sorry.

One thing I forgot to mention, 'search' in windows ignored webcache files - cos windows is stupid. You have to do a bit of manual poking around - see filepath above.

Add your comment:

If you can see this, something is broken (either with your browser, or with our system). Please leave the box below empty, or your comment will be considered to be spam.
Live!
Live!