Live!
Wed 21 Feb 2018
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Farce as ICU Counts London Elections

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
May 02 2008 23:37

The London Elections have turned into a farce, with results set to be released over 4 hours late, because ICU was drafted in to run the count.

Click Here for the Full Article

May 02 2008 23:57

And that's a win for Boris...

May 03 2008 00:13

What a load of bs - ICU counting - no one is that stupid!

May 03 2008 00:15

BORIS WINS!!! Excellent news.

May 03 2008 00:22

"What a load of bs"

Yes, that's why it's called a spoof. Maybe some people *are* that stupid? ;)

May 03 2008 01:07

Oh bo**ocks. Ok, so Stalinstone not exactly fantastic, but I'd rather have the devil I know screwing up London than some blonde-haired bumbling idiot.

May 03 2008 01:08

ROFL BORIS WINS CrikeyLOL!

OMG it's gonna be so funnyLOL he's gonna be running our infrastructure when he can't even talk to an ethnic minority without using accidental racial slursLOL! Omg I'm so glad I voted for Boris for a laughLOL. My "Watermelon smile" is so bigLOLOLOL!

May 03 2008 01:13

Oh holy sh*t - what has London done! - just listened to a BBC interview with him about half an hour after he was elected. One of his first comments went along the lines of: "of course I will say some stupid things" which at first sounds funny - but you then realise he will be in charge of an ?11billion budget...

May 03 2008 09:07

Everyone says stupid things. At least Boris knows he does, and it's infinitely preferable to him doing stupid things.

I second Ben Gray-saying stupid is very different to doing. I recommend reading his books-he is a highly intelligent guy and will do wonders for London!

May 03 2008 12:05

I've no doubt he's a highly intelligent guy, its just given his past history and the comments he has made, I don't think he is the best choice to represent London both to its citizens and the world. Best of luck to him though - I hope he doesnt balls it up for London's sake...

May 03 2008 18:49

Yes, because agreeing to give a journalists details to a known thug and criminal so he an go and break the said journalists legs is a really non-stupid thing to do.

And it's not so much what he's done that's stupid, it's what has he done at all apart form be comedic? F**k all, that's what.

May 04 2008 11:27

You are a knob jockey

May 04 2008 21:39

Rather a knob jockey than a criminal...

14. piffle   
May 04 2008 21:46

You don't get a scholarship to Eton and a degree from Oxford without intelligence, dear.

Boris won, accept that. If you don't like it then leave London - you pansy a**ed knob jockey!

May 05 2008 14:45

I wept openly.

Add your comment:

If you can see this, something is broken (either with your browser, or with our system). Please leave the box below empty, or your comment will be considered to be spam.
Live!
Live!