Live!
Tue 19 Sep 2017
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Access to Learning Fund Slashed

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Oct 21 2008 20:34

The Imperial College Access to Learning Fund has had it's budget for this year nearly halved after a 'change in priorities' cost the fund £100,000.

Click Here for the Full Article

Oct 21 2008 20:44

And for those in engineering departments, you can also apply to the City & Guilds College Association's charitable trust, the OC Trust.

More information here: http://www.cgca.org.uk/trust/

I believe the RCSA has something similar if someone from the RCSU would like to pop up and post details.

Oct 22 2008 10:45

Damm Ashley! You've given away my little secret - hardly anyone applies to the OC Trust!

3. Steve   
Apr 24 2009 11:17

Hello,

I applied for Access to Learning Fund because by now (end of April) I ran out of my savings. I have no idea how I will pay my rent and food from next week. My application was rejected this week, the Finance Office simply says that I should have gone work.

Does anyone know where I could make an appeal against the decision of the university? Which authority/law firm deals with this kind of complaints? Please write me if you have any idea to . Thanks, Steve.

Add your comment:

If you can see this, something is broken (either with your browser, or with our system). Please leave the box below empty, or your comment will be considered to be spam.
Live!
Live!