Live!
Thu 23 Nov 2017
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Universities try New Grading Plan

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Oct 24 2008 13:27

The new Higher Education Achievement Report gives employers greater access to information on individual module marks.

Click Here for the Full Article

Oct 24 2008 13:44

But are employers really interested in this level of detail? Who cares if I got 63% in electromagnetism in second year? Surely they are not looking just for aptitude in exams, but adaptability and common sense in new situations. And how are they going to judge extra curricular activites, when some wont be anything to do with the university?

Oct 26 2008 22:02

How will the university know what extra curricular activities a student does? and if he actually does them or just joined the club and went to their meet and greet drinks?

That bit sounds a bit silly.

Oh and one more point [insert long rant about how Imperial gives out fewer 2.1 and 1st then other unis here].

Nov 03 2008 10:49

I graduated with a degree in Biology in 1999 and went on to become a lawyer. Even then law firms were requesting full transcripts of results (even when your degree did not relate to the area!) because too many people applying for law had a 2.1 or 1.

I guess what I am trying to say is this is nothing new!

Add your comment:

If you can see this, something is broken (either with your browser, or with our system). Please leave the box below empty, or your comment will be considered to be spam.
Live!
Live!