Live!
Sun 24 Sep 2017
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

NUS Annual Conference 2009 Underway

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Mar 31 2009 15:47

The 2009 NUS conference is under way in Blackpool, the first conference since NUS reforms were passed.

Click Here for the Full Article

Mar 31 2009 15:57

If only we had a Reporter who lived near Blackpool and had nothing better to do with their time...

Looks like a good Conference to report on if not a good institution to affiliate to.

Mar 31 2009 16:52

Loads of us are tweeting. Just search #nusconf or follow @benjaminfgray

Mar 31 2009 17:10

I'm trying not to Ben! It's addictive and I have coursework/revision to do (and Ashley has a PhD to finish). I'm sure we'll find enough procrastination time to update Live! though.

Mar 31 2009 17:30

Did someone mention a reporter who has nothing better to do? :p

Actually, I really do have lots of important things to do... :-|

5. Josh   
Mar 31 2009 17:32

There's a number of twitterers out there, not all (yet) using the #nusconf hashtag - I have put together a hopefully helpful list: http://cli.gs/nusconf

Mar 31 2009 18:18

The NUS are on the ball - here's an update from Session 1.

Apr 01 2009 10:18

Presidential Hustings and Votes Cast. Awaiting the count! Only two candidates this year, Wes Streeting for re-election and Rob Owen (miserable lefty).

Now back to discussing Stong and Active Unions. An update from Session 2 is available here.

Apr 01 2009 11:02

Votes are in:

• Wes Streeting 631 votes
  • Rob Owen 140 votes
  • RON 31

Add your comment:

If you can see this, something is broken (either with your browser, or with our system). Please leave the box below empty, or your comment will be considered to be spam.
Live!
Live!