Live!
Thu 22 Feb 2018
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Union to be reshaped

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Oct 30 2001 17:04

CCU presidents have negotiated a new framework for the constituent structure of Imperial College Union.

Click Here for the Full Article

Oct 30 2001 20:33

Fan-fucking-tastic. One of the eight Councils of the year, and there's NO accountability from the Executive Committee, and instead we go back onto the Common Constitutional Paperchase.

Oct 30 2001 22:49

Errrrrm....

1. Andy, I think Simon is talking about C&GCU Exec and Council.

2. I'm not sure I like the wording of the article. The CCU Presidents have simply settled on a framework which we believe acts as a good basis for further discussion. We can't simply "agree" a new structure between ourselves.

Oct 31 2001 07:14

You're not suggesting that 'this now needs to be reviewed by all concerned', are you? <shock> that would be what the article says then, wouldn't it...

Lots of different groups of people are going to be coming up with their ideas. The CCU presidents have agreed a set of ideas between them. Those ideas will be presented to C&G Council on Thursday. This is hardly the end of the debate.

Oct 31 2001 08:45

Personally I think the lack of reporting by the C&G exec is a bit...dodgy...constitutionally. On the other hand our last Council meeting was only a couple of weeks ago so most people seem to think that there isn't much to report.

Closed This discussion is closed.

Please contact the Live! Editor if you would like this discussion topic re-opened.

Live!
Live!