Live!
Wed 21 Feb 2018
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Council decides (almost)

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Nov 21 2001 13:42

No end to the waiting game as ICU’s Emergency Council meeting resolves to spend another three weeks reviewing the Union’s structure.

http://live.cgcu.net/news/?id=277

Nov 21 2001 17:52

Holy fuck.

Nov 21 2001 18:52

Just thank small mercies that ICU has avoided the set-up that we have here at Queen Mary!

I would have thought that a previous meeting would have set up a Constitutional Review Advisory Group (CRAG - I bet that hasn't been used before)... well done Mr Heeps for getting one set up!

So, RSM will be a sub-committee of C&CGU - I would have thought suicide would have been a better option :P

One assumes that all this essentially means that AAOs and Ed Reps are just essentially promoted to "CCU President" status... something that was dicussed back in the 1995-6 Councils when Ms White wanted Matt Szyndel on ICU Exec...

Full circle/history repeats spring to mind. No doubt deja vu will happen again in five more years.

Nov 21 2001 19:48

Q. how do you know when something is an absolute waste of time?

A. when you know someone else will re-do it all in 1, 2 or maybe even 5 years.

If you're not laughing, maybe you are the joke.

Nov 22 2001 12:27

I prefer "Constitutional Review Advisory Panel"

CRAP!

Nov 22 2001 21:17

Sucide was indeed an option that I have fully considered. But we are still alive and now united as never before! We ll be back!

Closed This discussion is closed.

Please contact the Live! Editor if you would like this discussion topic re-opened.

Live!
Live!