Live!
Mon 19 Feb 2018
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

NUS Offline

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Nov 05 2002 20:04

The company hosting NUS Online has called in the receivers.

Click Here for the Full Article

1. Sam   
Nov 05 2002 21:52

Suddenly all the comments about "Baldy breaking the ICU Webserver" here , here and here seem so much funnier...

I love the NUS, don't get me wrong, but their entire organisation sucks... deeply and totally... The question is, can i offer to host these websites on the Union webserver and charge other colleges for the privilege?

2. aqeel   
Nov 06 2002 01:26

yes, do it

Nov 06 2002 10:11

And nusonline is one of the reasons why NUS lost its charitable status. Doh!

I shall be meeting the NUS National Treasurer on Thursday evening... my rant-list is getting longer :-)

Nov 07 2002 12:48

NUSonline had nothing to do with NUS and charitable status - that's just a myth. On the other hand it was inaccessible, useless and expensive - why do you need more?

Nov 08 2002 00:16

Well, I understand it was to do with the sponsorship arrangements that NUS did with the web-hosting company - being that they made it a large commercial operation is why charitable status was revoked. The facts may be slightly different, but that was the gist from educationet.net

Nov 08 2002 17:49

"inaccessible, useless and expensive" -- is that NUSonline, or just the NUS?

Nov 08 2002 19:11

Yes, probably...

I shall draft my article about the meeting of Queen Mary's Executive with Dervish, the NUS National Treasurer.

You will, at IC, enjoy it. Fact on fact :). And it will shead light for others...

Closed This discussion is closed.

Please contact the Live! Editor if you would like this discussion topic re-opened.

Live!
Live!