Live!
Wed 21 Feb 2018
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Intercollegiate Hall Prices set to Jump by 20%.

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Mar 03 2004 14:33

At the University of London’s Intercollegiate Accommodation Committee today, a decision will be reached as to whether hall fees will be increased by as much as 20% to meet increased maintenance costs.

Click Here for the Full Article

Mar 03 2004 19:46

But IC halls are going up again this year aren't they? I heard 15%

Mar 03 2004 20:19

International Hall - I got an email from Chris Piper, the ULU President, this afternoon to say that the Inter-collegiate Accomodation Committee had just met and, after some fierce debate, settled on a compromise increase of 8.5%.

IC halls - the increase has yet to be set by the Rector. The recommendation from the Rector's Committee on Student Residences is 6%, again a compromise - some members of the committee were pushing for upwards of 10%. The increase is based on staff costs rising around 5% (due to new College pay arrangements) and the need to fund on-going refurbishment.

Mar 04 2004 00:44

I'm sure that Beit rooms for the single ensuite uncatered are approx. 120/wk - can another increase really be justified for Beit?

Closed This discussion is closed.

Please contact the Live! Editor if you would like this discussion topic re-opened.

Live!
Live!