Live!
Mon 19 Feb 2018
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Discussion

Hon. Sec. Resigns after most successful ball ever!!

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.
Nov 02 2004 18:06

530 attended the largest catered event the college has ever held.

Click Here for the Full Article

Nov 02 2004 17:32

530 students quoted at the top of the article, 580 at the bottom. Where did those 50 people come from?

2. Gary   
Nov 02 2004 17:36

The author started seeing double 50 people before the end of his headcount?

Nov 02 2004 18:26

Ah, fair point. I think ticket sales were around 530 so '580 students' is probably a bit enthusiastic but if you include team Bo', the Clem and karting guys, the band and Waleed who turned up with a video camara and tried to look important its gonna be over 580 (honest).

Nov 05 2004 11:13

Can I just point out that I resigned at the start of term, though said I would continue as Ball organiser. There was a General Meeting to elect a new one, both of whom were RON'd. I continued in my post, mainly doing Ball stuff and John finally accepted it once the ball was over. Just to get the facts right

5. Roo   
Nov 16 2004 20:12

Oh Martin, did you know you even made it on to the front page of the Physical Siences newspaper. I think perhaps they were doing a p*** take of the above article.

Closed This discussion is closed.

Please contact the Live! Editor if you would like this discussion topic re-opened.

Live!
Live!