Sam arrived at the college in October 1998, and is still here - although he is a staff member now so at least he can buy a Round. Obviously his Staff status prevents him both from playing an active part in the Union and becoming an object of discussion, but not from rampant self-publicity. He's not often seen around Beit Towers now, preferring to avoid "those pesky kids".
Known to many older hacks as Baldy (a term of affection first coined by Arif, Mustafa), he was responsible for the Union Web Server for many years and quite frequently broke it. He was also a Sabbatical Officer (DPCS) in 2000-2001 and can often be heard ranting about how much more work Sabbaticals did in his day.
- President's Award (2001)
- Honorary Life Membership
- ICU Full colours
- CGCU Full Colours
- Joined College
- Captain of Imperial College Rifle and Pistol Club
- CGCU Holbein Award Winner
- Deputy President (Clubs and Societies)
- ICU Council Chair - (seceded to Andy Heeps mid session)
- CGCU Chairman - (made it through the year!)
- ICU Clubs and Societies Assistant (paid!)
- Citigroup Innovation Scholar (sounds good, is actually a position in the Alumni Office)
- IT Support Engineer, Imperial College London
- Unix Specialist, Imperial College London
- Unix Analyst, Imperial College London
- IT Guru, Imperial College London
- Chief Architect of the New Vision, Imperial College London
- Emeritus Professor of Hackery, Imperial College London
- Retires, to pursue his interest in Ferret Fancying
- Dies in an unfortunate hang-gliding accident involving a small ferret and some velcro, not bad for a man of 115!