Live!
Thu 19 Oct 2017
- The award-winning student news website of Imperial College

Know something you shouldn't? Tell us, using our quick, 100% anonymous tip-off form!

Live! - News

Students Taken to Hospital After Fire

Dec 05 2006 19:13
Ashley Brown
Ten Imperial students were taken to hospital yesterday following a fire in their rented accomodation.
A Fire Engine at a different incident...

A fire at Chamberlain House, 171 Cromwell Road, led to ten Imperial students being taken to hospital during the day yesterday.

The fire precautions at the house were said to be inadequate, with some of the students being rescued by ladder. The fire brigade has indicated that if the incident had taken place at night rather than during the day then the consequences could have been far more serious.

Readers are reminded to check that items such as smoke alarms are in working order and that fire escape routes are clear of obstructions.

There were no serious injuries.

Email this Article | Share on Facebook | Print this Article

Discussion about “Students Taken to Hospital After Fire”

The comments below are unmoderated submissions by Live! readers. The Editor accepts no liability for their content, nor for any offence caused by them. Any complaints should be directed to the Editor.

Be the first to discuss this article:

If you can see this, something is broken (either with your browser, or with our system). Please leave the box below empty, or your comment will be considered to be spam.
Live!

Live! Poll

How frequently would you like to see a CGCU magazine being published




Live!