After a long and drawn out series of complaints, all the election results are now in. Stephen Brown will be the next ICU President after his victory in the elections. Turnout looks to be down on last year by some 400 votes, despite a number of "normal" students in the running rallying wider support.
Your sabbatical team next year will be:
- President - Stephen Brown
- Deputy President (Finance & Services) - Chris Larvin
- Deputy President (Clubs & Societies) - Alistair Cott
- Deputy President (Education & Welfare) - Kirsty Patterson
Total RSM domination has been averted, with Sophie Spillard being unsuccessful.
Results in Full
1,656 votes were cast with 128 abstentions. 650 votes were needed to win. RON was eliminated in the first round, with only 26 of 76 votes being eliminated (50 people voted RON as their first-choice candidate). Gianuzzi, Spillard and Geraldes were eliminated next.
- Brown - (705 final round)
- Matthews (595 final round)
- Geraldes (185 second round, some re-distributed)
- Spillard (147 second round, some re-distributed)
- Giannuzzi (101 second round, some re-distributed)
- RON (76 first round, some re-distributed)
Shockingly, Geraldes came in third place despite his "joke" campaign, or perhaps because of it. Brown took a narrow victory of 110 votes - almost the same size as his victory in the NUS delegate elections.
Results for other positions were announced last week.
In the Live! elections competition, only one person predicted both first and second place people in every election - some strange person called Ashley Brown. In the interests of fairness, the prize goes to the second placed person, the only one to predict all the winners correctly. Congratulations to Emily Lines!