Nominations opened yesterday for the remaining ICU Council, Trustee Board and CGCU Positions. The CGCU Elections were announced in a Faculty wide newsletter sent out by CGCU President, Mark Mearing-Smith, however no notification has yet been received from ICU about nominations being open for the Central Union positions.
Nominations are also open for the whole of the Mechanical Engineering Society Committee which currently consists of a rather lonely Departmental Representative, Leo Tagg.
The positions available include:
City & Guilds College Union
Chair: an independent position to lead and moderate the discussion at CGCU Executive Committee Meetings. The Chair is responsible for ensuring that everyone in the meeting is treated equally and fairly and is to encourage everyone to use their chance to speak. The Chair also ensures that the meetings and decisions of CGCU Executive Committee are within the terms of the CGCU Constitution.
Honorary Secretary: the Hon Sec keeps a record of all the things that CGCU is doing on a day to day basis. They do this by taking minutes of all the meetings in CGCU and by looking after the intranet and compiling the fortnightly newsletter. The Hon Sec also has chance to get involved in many other CGCU activities which can include designing posters for events, helping out with the Lord Mayor's Show and usually includes organising the Freshers' Ball.
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Junior Treasurer
- Events Officer
- Industrial Liaison Officer
- Leavers Year Book Coordinator
- Sports Officer
- Vice Chair
- Livic Editor
Imperial College Union
- Undergraduate CGCU* Councillors
- Postgraduate CGCU* Councillors
- Undergraduate RCSU* Councillors
- Postgraduate RCSU* Councillors
- Undergraduate ICSMSU* Councillors
- Postgraduate ICSMSU* Councillors
- Non Faculty Councillors
- Student Trustee
* This reporter cannot remember changing the names of the positions on Council but assumed that the ICU voting software couldn't be lying...
Nominations for all positions close at Midnight on Sunday 19th October.